Collection of Non-Personal and Aggregate Data. When you visit our websites, we may also collect "click stream" data (i.e., browser information, server address, IP address, domain name) to secure non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our websites. This information may be combined with information you provided to us such as when you signed up for an email alert, and this information will enable us to analyze and customize future visits to our websites. We may collect information regarding use of our websites by using cookies and tracking technologies, like many websites. The information gathered from these tools would be used to analyze how our websites are used.
Business Transfers. Personal information that we collect may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Whitestone or as part of a corporate reoganization, stock sale or change of control.
Third Party Service Providers. Information collected on or through the websites may be shared or transferred to third parties who perform services for us (i.e., website hosting, website design or maintenance, commercial printers, email service providers, data analysis). These third party services providers are given personal information that they need to perform their designated functions and services for us and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for any other purpose. We may share personal information you provide to us with a third party if we are required by law to disclose that personal information (ie., in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process). We may also disclose this information in response to a law enforcement agency's request or as otherwise required or permitted by law or where we believe it is necessary to investigate or address unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health or safety of a consumer or the general public.
Protection of Personal Information. In order to protect the information you provide to us by visiting the websites, we have implemented various security measures. Personal information collected by us is contained behind secured networks while that information is in the possession of Whitestone and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential. However, whenever personal information is provided online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Whitestone strives to protect personal information we collect on our websites, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. The website is considered a general audience site for use by adults in the USA and is not intended to be used by children. Whitestone is committed to protecting the privacy of children and has no intention of collecting personal informaiton from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian or a child under the age of 18 and suspect that he or she has provided personal information on or through our websites, please contact us as set forth below under "How To Contact Us"
Last Updated: January 2010.
Eligibility. These websites are intended only for USA residents who are age 18 and older, who are qualified to make their own financial decisions, can form legally binding agreements, and agree to be bound by these Terms. You should not use the webistes if you do not meet these qualifications. If you access the websites from outside the USA is at your own risk and you are responsible to comply with the laws and regulations of your territory of access.
Ownership/Use of Website Content. You may view, download and print material displayed on the website for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you retain all copyright trademark and other proprietary notices contained within the materials. The ownership of all content on our websites is retained by the owner. Whitestone provides our websites for your convenience. Its contents are for information purposes only. The material contained on the websites (information, content, text, trademarks, written material, advertisements, technical information, and trade dress) are the property of Whitestone, its licensors or other third parties, and is protected under USA copyright and other laws and treaty provisions. Any unauthorized use by you of this content may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
Use of the Websites. Users must conduct themselves in a respectful and civil manner and comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules whil visiting the websites and participating in services offered on the websites (i.e., chat rooms, message boards, etc.) While using, accessing or participating in websites you may not:
- impersonate any person/entity/third party, imply a connection or affiliation with a third party when such affiliation does not exist, or misrepresent your affiliation/connection with a third party including using an alias that implies an affiliation or connection with a person /third party when such an affiliation does not exist.
- alter/change/modify/frame/"mirror" any content contained on the websites, crfeate al ink to a website bypassing the website's home page.
- disguise the origin of any content uploaded, posted to or inputted or transmitted through the website.
- remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary notcies provided on content.
- interfere with or disrupt the website, servers or network connections to the websites, disoby any policies, procedures or regulations of networks connected to the websites.
- use the websites to intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- modify, translate, sell, adapt, reverse engineer, decomplile, sublicense, or disassemble any portion of the website.
- collect or store personal information and data about other users.
- distribute, retransmit, repost, resue, repulish, or use the contents of the websites for commercial purposes without Whitestone's prior written permission.
- imply or state that Whitestone is in any way associated with or endorses content you provide on the websites.
- provide your or any other individual's last name, street address, phone numbers or email addresses except as specifically requested by Whitestone
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools in connection with the websites.
- provide resources or material support or disguise or conceal the location, source, nature or ownership of resources or material support to any organizations designated by the US government as a foreign terrorist organization
- solicit personal information or passwords and associated information from users.
- hack or deface any portion of the websites.
- disrupt, inhibit or otherwise prevent anyone from using or accessing the websites or interrupt any users experience on the websites, act in any manner that disrupts the user's real-time exchanges
Content on the Websites. Whitestone expressly disclaims all warranties related to content. We do not independently verify any content that is provided by third parties or users or any content provided by third parties such as content providers, or any information that users provide about themselves or others. Whitestone does not endorse any opinions or recommendations posted by users of the websites and disclaims all warranties related to content. Whitestone takes reasonable efforts to ensure that any content that Whitestone itself provides is accurate and timely. We do not warrant or guarantee such content is complete, accurate, truthful, non-objective or non-objectionable.
Warranty Disclaimer. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the websites and any linked websites. Whitestone will not be responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from obtaining any material from the websites or linked websites. Any material downloaded, or otherwise obtained through the use of the websites or linked websites, shall be so obtained at your own discretion and risk. Whitestone expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law the websites and all content and any linked websites all warranties including (not limited to) implied warranties of fitness for a particular purposes, noninfringement and merchantability. The websites are provided "as available" and "as is." Whitestone makes no warranty that content will fill any specific purpose or need; the websites/linked websites will meet any specifications, expectations or requirements; downloadable content does not contain any computer viruses or dis not misappropriate or infringe third party intellectual property; there will be not interference with your enjoyment of the websites or linked websites; the websites or linked websites will be secure, error-free, timely or uninterrupted; the content is complete, accurate or reliable; any errors in the content of lined websites or the website will be corrected; any request by you to the linked websites or website will be honored according to your schedule or any stated schedule; products or services displayed or referenced on the linked websites or websites are available for use or appropriate in any particular location; or, materials on the websites or linked websites are available for use or appropriate in any particular location.
Liability Limitation. Even if Whitestone has been advised of the possibility of damages, Whitestone will not be liable under any theory (i.e., negligence) for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of the websites.
Last Updated: January 2010.